Herodot historien. Herodotus
The rapes of , , and , which motivated to abduct.
Welsby, Henry T.
London: Macmillan and Co.
The statue of Herodotus in his hometown of , modern , Turkey Herodotus wrote his Histories in the , yet he was born in Halicarnassus, which was a settlement.
25 November 1996.
The destruction by storm of two hundred ships sent to block the Greeks from escaping• " By way of example, faulty craftsmanship is the human cause for a house collapsing.
- The ; predicts the• Oxford University Press
- The death of Darius in 486 BC• New York: Soho Press
- University of Oklahoma Press
- Egypt [ ] The reliability of Herodotus's writing about Egypt is sometimes questioned
- The Oxford History of the Classical World
- Deutsche Gesamtausgabe
- The History of Herodotus
- Neville Morley: The Anti-Thucydides: Herodotus and the Development of Modern Historiography
- Jebb, The Genius of Sophocles, Sources [ ]• Evans, J
- "Why did Herodotus not mention the Hanging Gardens of Babylon? The in which the Greeks hold the pass for 3 days• Herodotus takes a fluid position between the artistic story-weaving of Homer and the rational data-accounting of later historians
- Ethnicity and Identity in Ancient Israel: Prolegomena to the Study of Ethnic Sentiments and their Expression in the Hebrew Bible
- provides several examples like the inundations of the Nile which, he argues, support his view that Herodotus was "quite scrupulous, objective, scientific for his time
- Die Pyramidenbauer 124—136• Reliability [ ] in the Histories, translated into Latin by , Venice 1494 The accuracy of the works of Herodotus has been controversial since his own era
- Sie begann vor 2,6 Millionen Jahren und endete, als die Menschen seit dem 7