Louisiana catahoula leopard dog. Catahoula Leopard Dog Breed Information, Photos, History and Care
The Catahoula is affectionate and loving with its master, family, and all people it knows well but can be reserved with strangers. The Catahoula should be evaluated as a multi-purpose working dog, and exaggerations or faults should be penalized in proportion to how much they interfere with the dog's ability to work. Always look for behaviors you can reward instead of punishing him for infractions. Because of their high intelligence, the Catahoula Leopard is often trying to learn new things and will be curious about their environment. This particular dog breed should be allowed to run for a full hour daily, at least to help maintain their health as well as placate their energetic demeanor. The Louisiana Catahoula Cur Association was formed in 1976, followed by the National Association of Louisiana Catahoulas in 1977. Keep in mind that this breed was and is used to hunt other animals, including aggressive wild boar. Expect to give him at least an hour of exercise daily. We have listed the most as a ready reference guide. An previous version of the Louisiana Catahoula Leopard Dog is being updated, with plans for release in the fall of 2009.
- Put at least as much effort into researching your puppy as you would into choosing a new car or expensive appliance
- She only has two weaknesses, leftovers and lightning storms
- When an owner falters in their assertiveness, it can cause the dog to exhibit out of control behaviors that can become harmful to others
- For bones, especially the hips, ask the on reports of his background
- When kept as pets with no occupation, Catahoulas can become frustrated and will get into trouble
- When nervous or stressed, they have a tendency to shed more, especially when you are petting them